Category : Diabetes Signs & Symptoms
Most of the type 2 diabetes patient are unaware of the fact that they have diabetes. Diabetes is called Silent Killer as most of the patient suffering from it don’t know either they have high blood sugars or what organ system is getting damaged.
Usually Type 1 Diabetes is sudden onset and patient come to know that he or she has diabetes at hospital as they normally land up in Diabetic Ketoacidosis ( DKA ).
Type 2 diabetes is usually missed as most of the time it shows less or no signs at all.
Most commonly experienced signs & symptoms include :
- Weight Loss
- Frequent Urination especially at night
- Increased Hunger
- Excessive thirst ( dryness of throat )
- Tingling Sensation or numbness in hands or feet
- Tiredness ( weakness , body ache)
- Vomiting & mild tummy pain
- Blurred Vision
- Darkening behind neck ( Acanthosis Nigricans )
- Lack of interest & concentration
- Repeated Infections like Urinary tract infections & chest infections.
- Slow healing wounds
Blood test which should be done includes :
- Fasting Blood Sugar ( FBS )
- Post Prandial Blood Sugar ( PPBS )
- HbA1c ( Glycosylated Hemoglobin) – Most Reliable & Confirmatory
- Other Tests : Urine Routine ,Serum Creatinine , Lipid Profile ( Cholesterol , Triglycerides , LDL , HDL, VLDL ) , Liver Profile , etc
If you show these signs & symptoms , Get your blood sugar test done and consult your diabetologist as soon as possible.